Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Needed Vacation

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

The ship was quite lovely and the decor very pleasing to the eye. It was kept clean with constant maintenance. Because of its size it was a bit confusing at first, but well placed maps help you navigate the ship.

Pros: Beautiful Ship & Very Friendly Staff & Crew

Cons: Bad Lines & Bad Food At The Buffet

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.

As I said, the ships decor was pleasing and cleanliness was constantly attended to. The ships layout flowed well, with the exception of the terrible layout of the buffet area. The layout there causes everyone to wait in a line, even if they only need some butter, or a roll.
The fine dining was quite enjoyable. Also enjoyable was the Deli, Tambour, and Pizza Place. However the food in the buffet and the barbeque were quite disappointing. I was also led to believe that the chef Guy had a featured hamburger booth on this ship and was very disappointed to find out different when I was aboard.
I was quite pleased with the size of my cabin, and its decor. It was very clean. However, I did notice a bit of shabbiness creeping in. The sheets had a hole in it, the bed skirt was ripped in a couple places, and the towels were a tich dingy and not soft and fluffy at all. I have much better at home and I am not a wealthy person. And our balcony door did not seal and it made it very hard to sleep with the constant whistling noise.
Everyone was friendly and showed a willingness to help.
I especially enjoyed the adult comedy & showtime shows. I do note one area they could improve. On the day for a shore excursion that included tendered boats, they have you meet in the comedy club and wait till your number is called. Unfortunately, when it is called you follow a crew member and find you are climbing down five floors without being given any warning or option to take elevators down. This can be quite hard on the elderly or those with bad knees or problem feet.