Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Amazing Cruise

Sail Date: September 01, 2011

See below.

Pros: Dining, Islands, Service

Cons: Entertainment, Beds

Recommends Carnival Dream? Yes!

This was the only thing that I was disappointed about. The shows were... crap... to be honest. None of it was appealing to me as they did country shows, 70/80's shows, and it was only musical dance the whole time to those genres. In fact, I was offended at the country show because it was very directed to the Americans. I'm not American and many people weren't American on the ship, but at the end of the country show, there was this extremely obnoxious song which went along the lines of "I'm so proud to be an American, at least I know I'm free!!!" And that would have been acceptable had all the Americans in the room not stood up. But, every single one of them stood up and started cheering manically as if their lives depended upon it. It's that kind of thing that gives Americans a bad name. Now it's okay to be proud of your country and there are places to do it. But this was not one of them as we weren't even in America. Other then that, the only thing I really enjoyed was the comedy act.
The staterom was really nice and everything was perfect except for the beds. These beds had to be the hardest things I have ever slept on. My bed at home is an air bed so it is very very soft. SO, maybe it was just me but I would wake up with my shoulder aching because the bed was so hard.
The best service I have ever experience anywhere EVER. Our waiter and waitress were so friendly and very good.
The ship's quality was very good. Everything was clean and there are no complaints except the hot tubs could have been a little cleaner.
Very good dining, I had items I always wanted to have. I had Shark, Alligator, Escargots, Frog legs. Very good quality and many options. I also loved the deserts; the souffle and creme brule were my favorites.