Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean
Ship: Carnival Dream
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 7 years ago
Review SummaryNovember 18, 2009
Both my wife and I have been cruising for the past 25 years and feel that the latest cruise on Carnival Dream (15Oct09) was less than fully acceptable. The location (Mediterranean) was excellent, the ship was excellent plus the Ports of Call were also excellent.
Our concerns were that the little things were lacking:
1. The food presented in the dining room was never provided hot. It was warn and eatable but not hot. This was pointed out to our Waiter.
2. We had our breakfasts at the Buffet, however, nobody was passing to provide a second cup. Back in the lineup to get your own.
3. The entertainment was in our opinion at a College level not the Professional level we expected except for the Soprano on one occasion.
4. The tours (which we took four) were overpriced for the quality that was received. The Monaco tour was a complete disappointment after paying $200.00 each.
5. When not taking a tour we were required to pay an additional $10.00 each for the Shuttle to transport you off the dock. Never required to pay for this on any other Cruises.
We have a Cruise planned for Christmas but have decided that we will forgo any future Cruises for the next few years. We still plan to continue travelling but will select an alternative method.
Robert Carson Yvonne Washer-Carson
Pros: Our Room and the Staff