Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

CARNIVAL GETTING BETTER, I THINK NOT

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

CARNIVAL DREAM 2 DAY CRUISE TO NOWHERE. I HAVE NOT BEEN ON A CARNIVAL SHIP IN ABOUT 15 YEARS, USUALLY TRAVLE ON NCL, OR ROYAL CARIBBEAN, AND USUALLY PLEASED WITH THE LEVEL OF SERVICE. I HEARD THAT CARNIVAL HAD IMPROVED ON FOOD QUALITY, AND SERVICE LEVELS, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS BRAND NEW SHIP FOR TWO DAY CRUISE TO CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARY. USUALLY CRUISE LINES PUT THEIR BEST CREWS ON THEIR NEW FLAGSHIPS, IF THIS IS CARNIVAL'S BEST, I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PASSENGERS ON THEIR OTHER SHIPS. EMBARKATION WAS A NIGHTMARE, MADE US SIT AT PIER FOR THREE HOURS BEFORE THEY LET US ON SHIP. DID NOT GET ON AND TO OUR CABIN BEFORE 4:30PM, AT WHICH TIME WE WERE STARVING AND COULD ONLY HAVE A BUFFET ON THE LIDO DECK. AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IT BASICALLY RUINED OUR DINNER. MEALS WERE NOT PREPARED ACCORDING TO ORDER, HAD TO SEND BACK, WAS KEPT UP ALL NIGHT BY DRUNKEN TEENAGERS IN THE CABIN ACROSS FROM US, WHO NOT ONLY KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR AT 2:30 IN THE MORNING, BUT AFTER SECURITY ATTEMPTED TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE CONTINUED TO BE LOUD ALL NIGHT. SPA SERVICES WERE NOT AS DESCRIBED, AND VERY UNSATISFACTORY. ALL I HEARD FOR TWO DAYS WAS I AM SORRY. THE CREW SEEMED TO KNOW HOW TO APOLOGIZE, HOWEVER NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO APPROPRIATELY REMEDY, AND OR COMPENSATE PASSENGERS FOR AN INFERIOR EXPERIENCE. AFTER COMPLAINING TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ON BOARD, THEY OFFERED ME A 15% CREDIT, WHICH AMOUNTED TO $135 ON A $1000 BILL. THIS WAS PATHETIC. WHEN YOU ARE KEPT UP ALL NIGHT ON FRIDAY, YOUR DAY ON SATURDAY IS BASICALLY RUINED, AND AT 7:15AM ON SUNDAY THEY ARE THROWING YOU OFF THE SHIP. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE WHERE THEY WERE ASKING YOU TO GET OFF AT 7:15AM, AND WANTED THE SHIP CLEARED BY 9AM. BREAKFAST DID'NT EVEN SEEM TO BE AN OPTION. SHAME ON YOU CARNIVAL.

Pros: ENTERTAINMENT

Cons: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Recommends Carnival Dream? No.

SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE