Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Terrible Cruise

Sail Date: March 16, 2008

We paid extra money for the location of the rooms to be located of Lido deck close to elevators. We actually had to walk alway around and back up to get to our room. The bathroom had old cracked and mildrew. Our dinning waiter was wonderful but unfortunately was sick and working anyway. Unfortunately by the 5 day we were all sick too. I spend the last two days confined to the cabin with high fevers.

Pros: with great ports

Cons: ship was old and dirty room were misrpresented

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

No excuse for mold and mildrew in the bathroom.
The food was not as good as it looked. Filet Migon that was as tough as shoe leather. I been on ships before and the food has always been wonderful. Not this time.
I heard so many complaints form people. I will say this for the Carnival staff, they are good listeners. I am sure the mantra is listen, and apologise but take no action.
Our cruise was out of San Juan so they catered mostly to the spanish language. Dancing was alot of salsa and rumba. Nothing wrong with that just not our taste. We were too sick to care later into the cruse thanks to our waiter for sharing his flu.