Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

A vacation to remember!

Sail Date: April 10, 2016

I had THE BEST time on Carnival Conquest! My family and I made reservations at The Point Steakhouse for the first night and that was the beginning of a GREAT vacation. The food was delicious and plentiful. I ordered the lamb chops entrée and it was cooked to perfection. There is a charge of $35 for the steakhouse and it was worth it. I would definitely eat there again, and if you go on the first night you will receive a free bottle of wine and you don't have to get dressed up!

After dinner we walked around and got acquainted with the ship.There are bars, restaurants and lounges in every nook of Conquest. There's also 2 pools, 1 on the Lido Deck and there is an area for adults (I believe it was on the 9th floor).

Our room steward (Satya) learned my family names the first night and kept our rooms spotless. The EA Sports bar was a little disappointing because there is no actual food in there, you have 2 choices, pizza and wings and that is ordered from room service and brought to the bar. But, Andrei is the bartender there and he was absolutely AWESOME! The comedy club is a must, but the lines were so long because the comedians were actually entertaining, you had to be in line at least 1 hour before show time to get a seat.

I have read a lot of bad reviews about this ship and I am so glad I didn't listen to them, otherwise I would have missed out on such a great time getting to know the GREAT crew and making wonderful memories with my family. Yes, she could use a little touch up here and there, but we watched that crew clean constantly. They wiped down bars stools, and we even saw them wiping down the walls and cleaning the hall way carpets in the mornings.

If you don't sweat the small stuff and just want to have a good time give her a try. Not every single little thing will be to your liking ( I HATED THE BAND), but who cares! There are so many things to do and so many choices for food. If

you can't enjoy yourself on this ship you probably shouldn't cruise. Carnival really gets a bad wrap from a lot of cruisers, but I haven't had a bad experience yet!

Cruise Photos

The cabin is a little tight because there is a table and sofa in the room, but there is lots of closet space so unpack right away. The view was good, there is a small obstruction on the left, but you can still see the sunrise and set with no problem.
Children's Programs N/A
I didn't care too much for the band that played daily in the lobby.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Very busy port, be patient!