Learned a valuable lesson

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 22, 2012
Ship: Carnival Conquest
We were given a rm under a loud thumping lounge and was told by staff at guest services there were no other rms avail.I didn't think the shows in the evening were quite as good as the ones I had seen on other ships.Also they think everyone wants to wait around for a 10:45 show.What happened to the regular 8pm show?

very good

Poor to announce neccesary information overhead during day, such as you may now disembark from the ship when we reached the ports.We just watched as other people started getting off. They never failed to come over loud and clear at 10:30 at night though to announce what was happening in the lounges.

Why were we told there were absolutely no rms they could move us to, but on day 5 a room just appeared.Guess the previous occupants jumped overboard???

I understand this ship is 10years old and will be completely refurbished in oct. Not a minute too soon.Rugs were stained rust everywhere..Layout was very difficult to figure out compared to other ships I have been on

As above after multiple complaints in person and over phone on the 5th day we were given another rm.due to the extreme noise.(our personal items on the dresser were vibrating) the music was so loud below us.

Pros: food

Cons: being told when I booked at least 6 months out that the floor you put me on was an"upgrade"

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!