Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Too much smoke!

Sail Date: February 01, 2009

This ship has excellent food, in fact it's better than most ships that I've traveled on. I've been on 20 cruises so I've sampled a wide variety of food on many ships. The crew is great and the adult pool at the back of the ship is wonderful. The Blackjack band was playing almost everynight and is a great band. There's just one issue....smoking. The band and all of the lounges are located around the casino area. Even thought no smoking is allowed at the seating near the band the entire room is covered with smoke from the casino. Also all of the other lounges allow smoking and so it is impossible to get away from it. I could not even unpack my clothes in my bedroom when I got home because they were so smokey. We as consumers must stand up to Carnival and let them know how we feel. Royal Caribbean does not allow smoking in staterooms, but does on the balcony. Princes is beginning to cut out smoking in all of their lounges. We were on the Coral Princess just two weeks ago and I felt it was almost a smoke free environment. Write letters and make you concerns known to Carnival about the smoking. On the Conquest even the teen entertainment center is near the smoke filled casino area. I can't say that I won't sail on the Conquest again because it sails out of Galveston and that's close to home, but I have started a letter writing campaign to Carnival about the smoking.

Pros: Great food and great band

Cons: Too much smoke!

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

I gave this rating becasue of the intense amount of smoking on the ship. The liberal smoking policy and locations make it impossible for non smokers to enjoy the amenities of this ship.