Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Awesome way to reintroduce my kids to cruising

Sail Date: July 18, 2015

Took my kids on a Disney cruise many years ago but they were small enough not to remember it now they have grown up. It was time to take them on another cruise and I selected the Breeze.  With my son over 21 we both bought the Cheers beverage package.

Before Vista launched Breeze was Carnival's newest ship.  Having been on the Dream I sort of knew what to expect on this class of ship and the Breeze didn't disappoint.  Guy's Burgers was a bit hit with my kids and we ate there many times.  My daughter enjoyed the '3D' thrill theater although I found it in need of some repairs - broken seat, glasses falling apart, etc, but we used the pass to visit it many times and saw each short film.

The Breeze breaks free of the traditional coral colored room theme and it is a welcome change.  Our spa balcony cabin on deck 11 had convenient access to the spa with a separate entrance with spiral staircase.  The spa was a great way to ease away the day and put me into a relaxing mood before bed.

My kids have different tastes and I was able to spend time with each of them always finding something to do.  Our only excursion booked through Carnival was the Bob Marley tour and we all loved it.

While not quite a mega ship the Breeze is very large but we never 'felt' the crowds.  I like the wrap around promenade deck that goes around the ship entirely outside.  A great way to walk off some of that food.  Many Carnival ships have forward public decks and this is one of the things I really like about Carnival ships.  Again the Breeze doesn't disappoint with several forward decks at different levels.

The Breeze was the perfect way to re-introduce them to cruising and my son is anxious to go again, especially if I'm paying Happy

1 Comment