Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good not great

Sail Date: September 07, 2014

Last year (September 2013) we sailed on the Carnival liberty. The staff was so nice attentive and accommodating. We had a wonderful trip! So for this years vacation, it was the first and only choice to book another carnival cruise.

We sailed on the Carnival breeze September 2014. Right off the bat we noticed a huge difference in customer service from last year. Staff was inattentive and almost verging on rude. One staff member  from the shops, whose name I regrettably forgot to take down, was particularly rude. When I expressed disappointment  about a certain item having been sold out, he proceeded to give me am anecdote about the time he went to Universal Studios and had a horrible time. Despite having had a horrible time he told me he made no complaints to staff because his horrible vacation was not the staffs fault ( which to me felt like he was clearly telling me to stop complaining) .

Another issue we had was a leak in our room. We went down to guest relations to make a complaint and was met with more unhelpful staff. The customer service was truly lacking on this cruise...

We tried our best to push these issues to the side and had a great time. The entertainment was really nice and the food was pretty good. All in all, the boat itself was good not great.

The back side of the boat on the lido deck had an unmistakeable smell of sewage. Not pleasant.
Restaurants were nice. We really enjoyed anytime dining.
As I mentioned in my review, most of the staff lacked in customer service. The gentleman who cleaned our room, Leonardo, was attentive and took the time to remember our names. That was a nice touch.
We really enjoyed the shows!
Fun activities
Excursions were organized and informative.
Having a balcony is really nice! But we did have an issue... Our room had a leak that dripped onto our heads at night. When we addressed this issue with guest relations, we had to wait until the next day to get a resolution. This meant another night of water dropping on our heads at night...

It's best to order room service at night if you are feeling a little hungry. Lines for pizza are long and there are no other places to grab a quick bite.