Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Breeze was a beautiful and clean ship...just not worth the price we paid.

Sail Date: August 10, 2014

First time cruiser.

Would I cruise again?  Yes, but not with Carnival!

What I would have done differently.

• checked on the baby siting program with the cruise.  What the agent mentioned on the phone and what I experienced on the cruise were two different things.  There was NO babysitting service. The agent on the phone said that I could hire a babysitter on the cruise that would look after my baby.  However the cruise only offered night time service starting at 10pm.  So I had to take my baby with me everywhere and I mean everywhere!  Taking a baby to the formal dinner was difficult.  My baby is 17 months old and has a hard time sitting down for 90 minutes.  Other cruisers were not impressed with my baby.  I had to leave my dinner, so I wouldn’t disturb others.
  • There was a lot for food selection on this cruise, but by day three I was bored.  I was happy to get off the ship and eat the local food.
  • The two pools were too small for the number of people on board.
  • The splash pad was amazing.  The kids loved it and spent hours in the splash pad.
  • The alcoholic drinks were weak and bartenders did not know how to make certain drinks
  • The ladies working at kids camp with my kids were caring and loved working with the kids.  Melissa and Jenny were amazing.  Kids camp had different activities so the kids were not bored and enjoyed spending a few hours a day at camp.
  • Mitch our cruise director was extremely funny and engaged with everyone on board.  He got everyone to dance on the pool deck, entertained during game night and liked doing what he did.
  • The nightly comedians at LimeLight lounge were very funny.  I would definetly recommend checking it out.

My steward was very attentive.  He knew all our names and was on top of making sure my kids got their towel puppets and chocolates every night.  Our rooms were cleaned twice a day.  Now that was amazing service.

I spoke to other cruisers that have gone on cruisers with other ships.  They recommend I check out Royal Caribbean and Disney.  I did look at Disney cruise lines, but the costs during the summer was not affordable at this time.  I have decided that I would take a Disney cruise during the school year.

For first time cruisers my advice would be to try a shorter cruise.  It's cheaper.

Overall the staff on-board were nice.

The reason for 3 starts - our room was a dissappointment.  Not what I expected, from what the agent told me on the phone.  The price I paid compared to the cabin next door was 40% higher...so look out for last minute deals.    The food was boring.

I won't travel with Carnival again.  After talking to others, I will check out other cruise lines.

Nice and new. Very clean
Found it bland and boring.
Language was an issue at times.
Miami, Florida
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Stayed on the beach. It was quiet. Was not harrassed by the locals!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Loved the dolphin swim

Get breakfast early at Lido!
Try the Indian food at lunch time. There are no lines!