A disappointing experience.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

14 Night Classic Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 22, 2012
Ship: Caribbean Princess
Based on prior information I thought Princess cruise lines offered a luxury experience. After being on the Caribbean Princess I googled it and discovered it was a budget cruise.
It was indeed a budget experience.

The dining room was average for a cruise but the Lido deck food courts were substandard in food selection and presentation. There were no premium tropical fruits offered and some stations were infrequently staffed - such as the specialty omelets.

Poorest entertainment offering I've ever encountered on a cruise.

There was a compartmentalization of departments and a general "not me" attitude of many staff.

Pros: Spa pool

Cons: "can't help you attitude of many crew members and a lack of participation from senior staff

Recommends Caribbean Princess? No.