Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

expected more

Sail Date: November 27, 2011

The ship was kept in good shape. This is a larger ship and had a large variety of gathering areas (aka dining, cafes, casino, bars, lounges, etc.), but they were all smaller. All of the excursions we went on were wonderful. 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise is 1 too many.

Pros: excursions

Cons: entertainment

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!

The rooms were decent but the bathrooms are SO small! Also getting around this ship was very confusing with 4 different stairways and elevators. This was my 3rd cruise, and this was the most confusing ship to learn my way around. My best advice is to keep the handy pocket map with you at all times. I noticed most folks did just that.
Portions were small - which I actually appreciated, but the food went from very good to mediocre. We actually thought the pizza and burgers, were better than the dining food as the were made to order and were served warm. The dining room food (from the everyday menu) was luke-warm and lackluster unless you picked from the 'special of the day' menu. The buffet often had many of the same items as were being served in the dining room, and you can mix and match to your hearts content. You also had a better chance at a view table with the buffet dining.
we were upgraded to a balcony which was great, without that opening we would have felt cramped. The shower is claustrophobic - whatever you do, don't drop anything, you'll have to step out in order to bend down to pick it up.
I think because Princess has a pooled tip policy, no one really goes out of there way to help. I did notice some waiters with personality, but most of the folks seemed tired. Our room steward was very courteous.
Dan the Asst cruise director was hilarious. Dan S the cruise director was also good. But the 'professional' entertainment was 2nd rate, with the exception of the visiting comics - they were quite funny.