Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

5th Cruise. Enjoyed Princess.

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

We've cruised with my kids 5 times. Carnival, Royal and now Princess. I enjoyed the Carribbean Princess. Our minisuite was awesome. But unfortunately the way it was designed, you have 6 floors of balconies above you looking down on your open balcony.

The kids gave up on the kids program. They felt too many lines for the video games, not enough oversight from the staff. Carnival was much better with Camp Carnival. The counselors were awesome, just overwhelmed.

The Buffets were a zoo! Breakfast was choatic. Not enough staff bringing juice or clearing tables. We had to constantly get up and get drinks, forks etc. Very tiring.

Overall the ship is magnificent. The design is elegant yet friendly. The staff is outstanding. The ships photographers were amazing.

Entertainment was very good. Not high energy enough though. I'm 42 and still enjoy a little Vegas zest. The entertainment definately fit an older crowd.

I enjoyed Princess and would sail again, but not with my little ones.

Pros: Overall Upscale feel. Food Very Good.

Cons: Congestion. Kids Program. Sterling Steak House never Available (always booked)

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!

More support needed in Cafe Caribe and the other Buffet restaurant.
My kids who love just about every organized program found this Children's program to be less than exciting.
Make reservations early for the Steak House or Italian Restaurant. They were always sold out.