Better than Home

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: August 01, 2011
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas
It was beautiful without being too "Tuscany." By that I mean the marble etc that really seems over the top on a ship. I loved that the dining rooms had windows so I never felt, no matter how well-appointed, that I was in steerage.
We spent our afternoon sea days lounging outdoors next to the cafe with our bottle of wine and noshed for a few hours. Incredibly relaxing!

I loved the food and wine. We bought a wine package and it served our needs very well. I would highly recommend it. The food selection was wonderful. Some dishes were very good rather than terrific. But overall I enjoyed every meal.

I can't say enough about the staff. We stayed in Barcelona for a couple of days after the cruise and when I saw our ship embark again that Sunday I felt very jealous that "my staff" was meeting new people and would probably forget about us.

Our room was spotless. The entire ship was spotless really.

I loved the layout. I could hide EVERYTHING away and never felt that I was living out of a suitcase. Very important on a 12 day cruise.

Pros: Outdoor seating/dining away from the pools.

Cons: Valet service rather than a laundry room.

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? Yes!