Azamara Journey Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Second Mate

Exceptionally Warm Hospitality and Great Itinerary

Sail Date: November 29, 2012

I booked a back-to-back itinerary which took me from Mumbai, India to Singapore, with ports (many overnights) in India, Sri Lanka, The Maldives, Myanmar and Thailand. This was a fascinating itinerary and the many overnights al;lowed for in-depth touring. In most ports I booked one of the ship's excursions (the excursion staff was the most knowledge and helpful I've experienced on over 50 cruises) while going on my own or booking a private tour (there is an onboard concierge to help with this) when we were in a port for 2 days (actual;ly 2 nights & 3 days in Myanmar). However, while I was attracted by the ports of call, what also stands out in my memory is the warm hospitality of the onboard service staff coupled with food that overall equalled or surpassed that that I've enjoyed on luxury lines, including Seabourn. Fellow passengers were, as one might expect, well traveled and a joy to meet for good conversation and congeniality. The Azamara Journey's officers were also very visible, including the Captain, and mingled socially with the guests. While my luded fine boutique wines at lunch and dinner, these are now complimentary in all bars as well. One of my favorite hang-outs was the coffee bar, where (again complimentary) specialty coffees and snacks are available throughout the day. Bottom Line: Azamara Club Cruises offers one of the best values in the business for guests who are seeking a combination of interesting itineraries, overnights in ports and the warmest service and some of the finest cuisine at sea. Bravo Azamara: Well done.
Superb, truly 6 Star Quality
Warm and Professional
Children's Programs None
Great, with many overnights in port
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Hire Reality Tours, the best tour company
Male, Maldives
Good if you have time to dive
Colombo, Sri Lanka
The private train tour to Kandi is great.
Galle, Sri Lanka