Pensioners abandoned at Zeebrugge

Sail date: December 09, 2019

Ship: Aurora

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Warning: On last day of cruise I was taken ill at Zeebrugge. My wife and I are pensioners. Told I should go to hospital. After having been advised by the emergency doctor and neurologist at Knokke-Heist hospital that I was fit to return to the ship that day, the doctor on board refused to allow me back, but that was after we had been charged by the ship's medical centre £550 for a blood test and scan. My time in the medical centre was just 55 mins. We were told in no uncertain terms that we would not be allowed back on the ship and we would have to make our own way home, knowing that all our suitcases and major credit cards were on board the ship. This is 3 days before Christmas. Never travel with P&O if you expect compassion or help if you are ill. They just want you off the ship so you are no longer their responsibility. We were met by two big burly security guards to make sure we did not try to get back on board. Don't get ill on a P&O cruise. It's £50 just to walk through the door of the medical centre. From now on P&O means profit and overcharging. We will never travel with them again.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Reasonable size, clean and tidy.

Ship tip