Do not waste your time and money on this cruise
Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Sail Date: November 20, 2016
Ship: Anthem of the Seas
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Family (young children)
Reviewed: 1 year ago
1. Too crowded and yet the popular sport activities that involve RC staff's supervision such as iFly, rock climb, bumper cars, roller skates, and trapeze are too short. So you'd end up waiting hours, because the parents need to sign the waiver and/or be with the kids.
2.- Low quality food even for formal restaurants: too much salt in entrees dishes and too much sugar in desserts. This is a common American food issue where there is very little seasoning, so they use salt and sugar as "seasoning".
3. For drinks, RC now uses Nestle's chemical mixed drinks such as "lemonade" or "fruit punch" or "flavor enhanced water", provide real lemonade and real fruit punch.
4. The guest services staffs provide either partial answer that need follow up question or useless responses such as
- "The attendant who passes out the boat transfer is on the 4th floor" => Which location on the 4th floor ?
- When asked where the nearest public phone to call the statement, the guest services staffs just pointed in some random direction which turned out not to have the phone at all.
5. The boat transfer to Cocoa Beach was delayed by 3+ hours and ruined that beach's experience, because the RC staffs who coordinated did not do their job properly of getting the boats ready. They then hid their mistakes and insulted the guests further by making outrageous claim that the delay was due to "weather" even though it did not rain and no storm was around.
6. The shore excursions on day 7 were printed on the daily flyer, yet when I tried to book it, it was cancelled and the RC staff do not know why.
7. Pardon my French, but what the f* were the RC's CEO (email@example.com) and the cruise director thinking to have a LGBT event on a cruise that is targeted for family vacation with children ? I am not against LGBT, but there is a time and place for different things.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Skip this cruise and ship if you do not want to waste time and money. See the feedback above.