Never with Holland America Again
Amsterdam Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest
Sail Date: September 20, 2010
Cabin Type: Oceanview
Traveled As: Singles/Friends
Reviewed: 7 years ago
1) The staff was very pleasant and courteous
2) The food was good.
3) The alcohol was good and reasonably priced
1) Minimal help for first time cruisers (where to eat, mostly)
2) Couldn't get reservation for the nice restaurant (the first thing we did when we boarded)
3) Movies are free but have to wait 45 minutes and they still didn't come, and not available on last night because they were "doing their accounting" (If they're free than how does it affect the accounting).
4) Room wasn't cleaned well.
5) Entertainment in the "Piano Lounge" on the agenda for the day. No "Piano Lounge" on the maps, come to find out it's in the "Amstel Cafe."
6) Lounge show was funny - because it was SO BAD, not because it was a comedy, which it wasn't.
1) The room stunk, even after we asked them to change out the sheets, pads and pillows.
2) We were on a 4 night cruise, boarding evening on Monday and disembarking early Friday morning. We had to reset our key cards no less than 4 times to get into our room. Every time we were at the front desk someone else was resetting theirs as well.
3) The staff stole my $50 iPhone charger while I was in port. Thank goodness I put my passport in the safe!
I would never recommend Holland America to ANYONE.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Ports of Call
Don't Miss: Column and the Bowfin Fish and Chips
Pros: Great attitude by staff - very pleasant
Cons: Stinky Room, room keys didn't work, stolen property