Stateroom cruise

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Allure of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 14, 2017

Ship: Allure of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 12330

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

My favorite part of the cruise was seeing my family and celebrating birthday and anniversary.  The food in specialty restaurants was great.  My stateroom was the worst room on the ship.  Because  told me that my cabin was a 2 bed 1 bath with a large balcony, when I got on the ship, it was a 1 bedroom 1 bath with a small balcony.  The stateroom we were in was 12330, DO NOT GET THAT ROOM, it was the worst room because the bathroom had a horrible odor in it.  It smelled like cat urine.  The crew and the management team tried really hard to get rid of the odor, to no avail, it was not successful. For the week, it was really hard to deal with it, they couldn't move us, because the ship was fully booked. They did compensate us by giving 7 vouchers for an excursion at a port.  Also gave us a 40% back towards our next cruise because of the odor in our bathroom.   takes no responsibility our stateroom descriptions, because they told me they got the descriptions from Royal Cruise people. When I explained it to Royal cruise management team, they said we have that room, however the room we are in is not that description.  Royal said it's not our fault that description was incorrect, it's their fault.  Of course said, no it's Royal cruise fault for describing the suite 12330 as a 2 bed 1 bath with a large balcony.  Be ware of what is being told to you by , get it in writing.  then call the cruise line yourself to make sure that what you are paying for is what it was described.  We paid 7K for the freaking 1 bed 1 bath small balcony.  I felt that was a ripped off for the room.  Now I will have to deal with again about this cruise.  Overall the Allure of the Seas was a nice ship, there was a few area of the ship could be cleaner.

Ship experiences

They could have more headliners for the comedy shows. They had MaMa Mia, it was pretty good, the piano bar was great.

didn't have kids

All the staffs was wonderful.

the ship's hallway was stinky, and the floor in our suite was dirty.