Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

everything we hoped for!

Sail Date: February 05, 2012

Adventure of the Seas was my favorite cruise ship experience so far- 2 previous cruises RoyalC & Celebrity-
Crew were CONSTANTLY cleaning public & private areas, as well as painting, varnishing wood, pressure washing outside windows-- so reassuring, but discreet, so it didn't disturb our experience. Ports of call: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba & Curacao offered a nice range of different experiences. Thought I explored the ship thoroughly but was still discovering nooks & crannies on the last day!! If I was going to do consecutive cruises, this is the ship I would choose!! Only complaint was that the waterslide (which I forgot about because there were so many other diversions) was actually in a kids area, and I'm unsure if adults could use it (open only limited times of the days anyway). Others in our party had cruised with Carnival and they were so amazed by the Royal C experience.

Pros: service, destinations

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

Food quality & diversity was just lovely. Only disappointments were beef & steaks: good but not exceptional. (several in our party ordered steaks different evening, occasionally when recommended by our waiter) However some dishes were much more lovely than expected and the 800 calorie menus were amazing!
Plenty large enough for me! Pretty blatant steering toward the casino, but there were detours available. Cleanliness was exceptional!!!
We had an inside stateroom, with 5 category upgrade, so we got a lot more than we paid for. :) Plenty of room and wonderfully maintained!
Guest services was exceptionally helpful: we joined the ship @ the first port, due to a plane delay. Seamlessly welcomed us to the ship. Also assisted us in changing our return flights (AND booking a hotel) when that became necessary. So two difficult situations were made very simple and did not disrupt our vacation. Milena in guest services was AMAZING!
Richard Spacey cruise director was a HIGHLIGHT of the ship!!!!! We stopped everything to listen to his announcements because he never disappointed! The headline act- Domeneck...(last name?) was unexpectedly wonderful. Well rounded, savvy but clean, incredible entertainer. Wish we could see his show again on land- NEVER felt that way about a cruise ship show before! The ice show was great, not olympic talent but definitely WAY better than I expected on a ship.