NCL CANCELS A BOAT LOAD OF CRUISES 2025

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2024/04/09/norwegian-cancels-2025-cruises/73263136007/

So do you believe the corporate double speak? I guess if you look up each individual ship you might get to the bottom of it, but given their debt load, and being able to multiply, one wonders how much this "decision" cost them...plus the added expense of renovations....yas yas, my cynicism is showing...but then, I don't believe much of what comes out of anybody's mahogany row for public consumption...never have...and unfortunately, I'm proven right more often than not...

3 Answers

One of our cruising friends had notated that she was surprised how few excursions were being offered some places in the Caribbean. I reminded her of this exact fact...Many of these places have NOTHING other than tourism income. Being shuttered for 18+ months by the pandemic put many tour operators out of the business.

Also, while Pirates of the Caribbean is now just a ride at Disney's parks, and a successful Movie Franchise, Piracy is a very real thing in the areas used to access the Red Sea (Gulf of Aden, Indian Ocean bordering the Horn of Africa) Akin to piracy, Terrorism at the North end of the Red Sea probably has all the bean counters on Mahogany Row seeing RED (see what I did there) from all of the potential lawsuits from pax being injured or killed while visiting the area.

Yes, some of what you say rings true...but most of those so-called "small" destinations have virtually nothing else going for them except boatloads of touristas...so if you're just a local not involved in anything, you could get outraged...if you're a shopkeeper or..(perish the thought) a local politico, you're attitude towards those boatloads of tourists might be a bit different...and anyhow, thanks for the laff about China and its "production capability" of shipping junque (and some very expensive non-junque) all over the world....

I think (shows some doubt) that the wars and ongoing fueds created zones which could be hazardous...and that is why they have removed and added other destinations. Now we are packed into the seas together fighting for dock space!!! All the while some cities and countries are saying enough with you huge boat loads of people coming.....EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!! i suppose i would likely be one of those on an island country with 7 day a week nonstop visitors??? Even China can't keep up with the demand for souvenirs needed at every port of call!!!!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.