Halloween Cruise

Tomorrow I am booking my first Halloween cruise on Voyager of the Seas for Halloween 2022. I've never been on a ship during Halloween before, how does it differ from any other time of year?

Do a lot of people dress in costumes? I LOVE to dress in costumes every Halloween, and I'm a little sad I could miss it next year. Should I bring a costume? Since my job requires me to dress in costumes throughout the year (I'm an Assistant Activity Director at a nursing home), finding a costume isn't an issue for me, as I create and save all my own costumes for various events....I actually just got one from Walmart for an event I'm planning that was left over from Halloween this weekend! Do they have any specific requirements for the costumes? I have everything from The Mad Hatter ("Alice In Wonderland") to Binx ("Hocus Pocus") to Audrey Hepburn ("Breakfast At Tiffany's").

Is there anything specific I should prepare for during a Halloween cruise? I've been on a few Christmas and Thanksgiving cruises, but never a Halloween one.

6 Answers

1169.jpg?auto=format,compress

472.jpg?auto=format,compress

1170.jpg?auto=format,compress

1168.jpg?auto=format,compress

We were on a Halloween cruise in 2018 on Freedom. People do dress up as we did. It is fun, even the crew dresses up as shown with us out of costume

I just booked a Halloween cruise on the Carnival Horizon for this October. Got a fantastic deal and we have hoped something would open up this Autumn!

A Halloween cruise sounds like a blast...too bad it falls in the middle of NYS Archery season Crying

Boarded the Grandeur of the Seas Oct 31st '19, and it was surprising how many adults showed up at the terminal already in costumes. Even though it was embarkation day the ship was already decked out and many activities had a Halloween theme. The kids did their costume parade/trick-or-treat shortly before early seating for dinner. Then at 10pm or so there was a dance party in the Centrum with a costume contest dance that ended at midnight with a balloon drop.

We have sailed on 2 Halloween cruises on NCL and on both there were many dressed up. And there were probably just as many not dressed up so the choice would be yours. Many of the crew also dressed up. So I would say take your costume (provided you have luggage space) and enjoy.

We celebrated Halloween aboard Harmony of the Seas in 2017. Lots of people in costume; no restrictions that I remember. Very fun!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.