From Copenhagen Airport to cruise terminal (NCL Baltic Sea summer 2020)

I apologize if this has been posted before (did a search all over Google but some posts were from 8 years ago and wanted to hear from folks who have done this more recently). This is my first cruise ever and I've been reading tons of blogs and forums, and watching countless hours of YouTube tips for first-time cruisers, etc. But I have a specific question that I'd like to get your advice on.

I am arriving at Copenhagen Airport at around 10:00 AM, on the day the NCL Escape ship departs (5:00 PM / 17:00) for the 9-night Baltic Sea cruise. I plan to only pack carry-on only. My original plan was to get on a train to Osterport Station and from there, transfer to a 26/27 bus to Oceankaj. My questions:

1) Busses can only hold so many people (and their luggage) and I've seen that it only comes every 20-30 minutes! Has there been occasions when there are tons of people queuing for the bus and what's the longest you've waited at that transfer point because of volume of passengers?

2) When the bus drops cruisers off at the Oceankaj terminal, how long do I need to walk to check-in / embark?

3) If I opt for taking a taxi, what is the exact point / address I should be giving to my driver to drop me off and minimize walking? (I would do this if my flight is delayed and I need to get to the cruise port as soon as possible!) I imagine there are tons of other cruise ships at the port, and I'd like to be closest to the one I have to board.

Thank you so much everyone for your advice and looking forward to my first cruise!!

Tags: NCL Europe - Northern Europe Copenhagen Denmark

3 Answers

I’m booked on NCL Escape in Copenhagen in June 2020. They offer shuttle service to/from the airport for $25/person. You should be able to book it right from your “check in” ...as I did it yesterday...as long as you have your flight information. It’s a quick and easy booking and a LOT less expensive than a taxi!!

Check with NCL they probably offer a shuttle from the airport to the ship. Just an FYI, if you booked with a travel agent you will need to call them to book it for you. Enjoy your cruise.

The busses and trains in Copenhagen are easy if you only have a carry-on. Last year my wife and I took the subway with a large suitcase an several carryons each without a problem from the hotel downtown (near the shopping area) to the airport.

That said, a taxi would be the easiest (although more expensive) option. The driver should know where the dock is. If not, you should be able to get the address online.

Also, check to see if NCL offers a shuttle - some of the other lines do.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.