First time on cruise Cruise Epic Feb 3 2018 Solo

Greetings

I am a first time cruiser and I am going with friends of mine (a couple) I was wondering if many people go solo - are there things to do as "solo" or will I be like a "third wheel"? Lol

Any information would be great!

Thank you

5 Answers

Thank you all :)

I call it taking separate vacations together. One of my old travel buddies and I would share a cabin and just see each other at dinner and in the morning a bit. I'd do my thing and he would be up until 4 or 5 AM partying in the crew bar. I'd get up to go into port and he'd sleep until noon.

As a solo you can check the daily paper for singles get together. On NCL if your in a Studio cabin the cruise director staff will have events and organized dining together for the Studio's (from what I have read in reviews).

Have a great time, welcome to the forum and to cruising Big Smile Please wright a review when you get back.

I've cruised a lot with my son and he and I become solo cruisers throughout much of the cruise ... each doing what we like during the day (and even at ports) and then connecting for meals...

You'll find a lot of people "solo" and a lot of people that are just plain friendly and fun whether solo or not ... Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum and to cruising. We have a few solo cruising friends and we rarely see them during the course of the day. You will be able to join them as often as you wish. As Maniapure said, relax and have fun.

Have fun, first of all, that is why you are there, I always cruise by myself and have a great time, ditch your friends explore the ship make small talk to random people and enjoying doing whatever it is you like to do. Connect with your friends for dinner, drinks or something that everyone wants to do, but you always should feel free to be yourself and have fun. ENJOY

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.