Dress code

Going on a seven day cruise next may on The Oasis leaving from Rome to Barcelona ,France and back to Italy. I normally go mostly Caribbean cruises where the evening dress code is very casual and relaxed. Does anyone have a idea what the dress code will be on this cruise. Thank you

4 Answers

Yes i can imagine the resentment Yankee47.

Can also understand the entertainment value also :)

Lynn has a beautiful smile.

Seems to be that way just about everywhere nowadays. Some folks dress to the nines because they're having pictures taken...some folks do it because "dressing for dinner" is something they've always done..some folks do it on cruises because its a special thing, something alot of us take for granted. Some folks object to themselves being dressed and other folks not so much. The world has changed, and the only thing you can control is the 2sq ft you're standing on, and sometimes not even then. and (fwiw) we live way out in the weeds where being independent is a way of life...So for those who object to what other folks are doing, or wearing, get over it...its a waste of time...

BREAKAWAY has 2 restaurants, (among others) SAVOR and TASTE, same deck, facing each other...slightly different decor, but basically the same. One line, people were turned away who wore jeans, (only the men) had to get in the other line, because some bureaucrat decided that was the thing to do.Woman at the desk actually came out periodically to eyeball the line. I was sitting at the bar between them. Very entertaining..Also absurd on its face. All it caused was resentment. I think most folks know how to dress, and act without any help.

Been on several European cruises on NCL and Royal and the dress code is casual. If you want to dress up, go for it but smart casual is fine. For men a pair of khakis and a button up shirt and you're good to go. For women pretty well anything within reason is acceptable. Don't fuss over it and don't over think it.

Its expected to follow the dress code and as You are in Europe, a little bit more sophisticated that you would normally dress in your home country.

Just look your best and smile and enjoy the cruise :)

Lynn is beautiful

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.