Deceptive Cruise Agents at Carnival

My sister and I just returned from a fantastic cruise on the Carnival Breeze. Because of our play we received a free inside cabin and a premier offer. We called our agent and because we did not have our credit card with us we were told we could not not reserve a cabin and there were only 2 cabins with tubs and we needed to reserve them before 8 pm.

Our train was supposed to get in by 7 pm so we thought we could get home and have the credit card available. The train ran late so we missed our normal agent. We called the pr

emier number to reserve a room and planned to pay the difference

to upgrade to cabin with tub.

The agent, Angela, told us that the spa cabin had a tub(which I need because I cannot take showers because of recent eye surgery ). I asked twice and my sister asked again if the cabin had a tub and were assured that it did. We paid an extra $1800 for the Spa room that we thought had tub. Tuesday I decided to look up the type of room we secured and I was shocked to find that it did not have a tub. I wrote Carnival to get redress because I was lied to. I did not receive any calls back. Today I called and was passed around to 4 people. I finally ended up with Ivan, who told me he was senior desk agent for helping guests. He did not apologize for agent's obvious misrepresentation but passed it off as "agent error" . It was clearly an outright lie to get me to buy cabin at much higher rate. I asked how he would remedy the situation and he said would send me a bottle of champagne. I told him as a premier member I was already entitled to a free bottle of champagne. He also said he would cancel the reservation. This would not help because I have non-refundable airfare and Miami hotels already booked. I asked him if he felt wine was a an appropriate solution to being baited and switched. This treatment is why Carnival is loosing customers. I have sailed on 5 Carnival cruises since last September and

NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM NEVER AGAIN SAILING CARNIVAL AFTER THIS CRUISE.

Tags: Carnival reviews premier cruise Carnival customer TV service Breeze

9 Answers

I am so sorry to read about your experience. Did you take the cruise yet? Please write a review after it and let us know how the cruise itself went. I hope that your eye surgery went well. Gloria

Here is what I suggest. Go onto Carnival's website. Log onto their Funville forums, and complain over there. Maybe someone there can help you.

If you read my post you would know that I recently had eye surgery and cant use a shower

so I need a bath.If we follow your logic if someone steals from you it is your fault.

I can't believe anyone uses those tiny tubs anyway. Over half your body is exposed to the cold air.

and, as usual, it's someone else's fault.

I expect agents to be honest. How can I know about tubs with suites if the people who

should know: Carnival agents lie about what is included. I guess honesty does not

matter to you or Carnival.

Being such a seasoned cruiser with carnival you should already know that only suites have tubs. Do your homework next time and enjoy the other cruise lines.

One time is a mistake but when we ask 3 times and we are assured there is a bath tub it is deceptive. And especially if they have the cabin description in front of them!

I doubt it is a "mistake" the agents have access to what each cabin has. I always have the ship lay out up on my computer when I book a room so I know what I'm getting and do not just rely on the agent. On my last cruise I book a cabin and the agent did not mention that I was rite near the anchor and I would hear each time it is dropped at 5 am. The worst lie I had was from NCL when booking a cabin that it had 3 lower beds. At check in it had 2 lower and an upper berth. NCL's answer is to bad were booked, that is the cabin you get.

Let's see, Carnival has more ships than anyone else in the industry.....that means they have the most cabins.......reservation agents are always coming and going....did you ever stop to think maybe the person DID make an honest mistake ? People do make mistakes.....like the time I read the thread about Deceptive Carnival Cruise Agents Wink

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.