Cruise Savvy Folks...
My tip is: I like to use the 3M Command Brand Hooks in our cabin bathroom. Easy to apply and remove with no damage to the walls. The hooks are strong enough to hang your swimsuits, body sponges, shower caps or anything you like.
Your turn...Keep Cruising!
* Bring a surge protector, there are NEVER enough plugs in any room.
* Pack your swimwear in your carry on, while everyone is hanging out around the ship waiting for their cabins, you will be having fun in the pool.
* Skip the buffet until later in the afternoon on day of embarkation... Lines can get kind of long, and people can get kinda... grouchy.
* If you aren't happy about something, please speak up. Cruiselines are super accomidating to your needs, but not if they don't know there is a problem.
* Opt for the 'as you wish' or 'anytime' dining. If you don't like the people you are assigned to sit with, that 7 day cruise can get kind of long..... With the other dining options you can opt out of sitting with them, with out hurting anyone's feelings.
* Skip the cruise line for booking your shore excursions.... I'm a big far of www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com. They are cheaper! They are better!
The one thing I bring, and get laughed at for (til people see us disembarking), is a spool of shrink wrap. I use it to wrap our luggage and to hold carry on to the big piece. If you buy T.O. artwork,you can bind it to the front of the luggage til you get to your car. We leave from NY alot and park on site. You buy the stuff at self storage and packing stores.