Recipe: Oceania Cruises’ Lobster Pad Thai & Royal Caribbean Cruise’s Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
Just like Oceania Cruises provides a luxury experience without pretentiousness, its renowned gourmet culinary team has recreated Thailand’s national dish, Pad Thai, and added lobster to the recipe to make this basic dish rich in flavor even more sumptuous. If you prefer your Pad Thai spicy, you may need to cool down with Royal Caribbean’s Watermelon Lemonade. This is the perfect pairing for National Noodle Day on October 6!
Lobster Pad Thai – Oceania Cruises
- ¼ cup tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoons each palm sugar, fish sauce, nam prik pao and creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice (grate unpeeled ginger into a cheesecloth and squeeze juice into small bowl)
Pad Thai Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice (grate unpeeled ginger into a cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice)
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- ½ cup leeks, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 cup lobster pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups rice noodles, softened
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 lime wedges
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. If needed, thin with warm water. Reserve.
Pad Thai Directions:
- Practice mise en place by lining up the ingredients in the order shown, with ½ cup of the prepared sauce between the eggs and the noodles.
- In a wok over high heat, heat the peanut oil. When the oil is hot, begin adding the garlic, ginger, scallions and leeks to the wok in sequence. Use two spatulas and continuously toss to cook evenly and keep ingredients from burning at high heat.
- Slide the vegetables up the sides of the wok and add the egg to scramble.
- When the egg is just cooked, bring back the vegetables and lobster and add the ½ cup of sauce, noodles and bean sprouts.
- Using the spatulas, gently toss the ingredients to cover them with sauce, adding more if needed, being careful not to break the noodles.
- When heated through, divide between two serving dishes. Finish with the sesame oil, lime wedges and peanuts.
Watermelon Lemonade – Royal Caribbean
- 1 ounce kiwi syrup
- 1.5 ounces fresh lemonade
- 4 ounces fresh watermelon juice
- Fresh watermelon for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, add ice cubes
- Add kiwi syrup
- Add lemonade
- Top with fresh watermelon juice
- Garnish with a small wedge of fresh watermelon
Join the discussion
Will you make these delicious Tasty Tuesday recipes?