Recipes: Carnival Cruise Line’s Olive Tapenade and Seabourn’s Flirtini
PSA: Today, June 1, is National Olive Day! Did you know that the average life of an olive tree is between 300 and 600 years? One of the oldest olive trees in the world is on the island of Crete. This tree is about 4,000 years old and is still producing olives! We thought it appropriate for this week’s Tasty Tuesday to share Carnival Cruise Line’s delicious Olive Tapenade recipe. Paired with Seabourn’s Flirtini cocktail, you’ve got the perfect Happy Hour treat!
Olive Tapenade - Carnival Cruise Line
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Lemon – juice only
- 3 Tbsp of Capers, chopped
- 6 Anchovy Fillets, chopped
- 250g/9oz Black Olives, pitted
- Fresh Parsley, small bunch chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Thoroughly rinse olives in cool water.
- Using a food processor to cruise the olives. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve. Pairs perfect with fresh French bread or crackers!
Flirtini - Seabourn
- 1.5 oz. Belvedere® Vodka
- 0.5 oz. Cointreau
- 0.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 0.5 oz. Cranberry Juice
- 0.25 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Raspberries
- Muddle the two raspberries in a martini glass.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice with the exception of Champagne.
- Shake and strain into glass.
- Top with Champagne.
- Garnish and serve.