Recipe: Windstar Cruises’ Strawberry Shortcake & Carnival Cruise Line’s French Kiss
Valentine’s Day is next week and now is the time to prepare your menu and set the tone for what is sure to be a romantic night. We have no doubt that you and your honey will indulge in a delicious meal, probably at a restaurant, so why not end the night at home and show off your baking skills with this delicious Strawberry Shortcake recipe from Windstar Cruises. Bursting with flavor and not too heavy after a large meal, this dessert will leave your significant other smacking his or her lips for more. Every night should end with a kiss, but especially Valentine’s night. Have a nightcap with Carnival Cruise Line’s French Kiss — not only will you get your kiss, but you will be transported back to the Alchemy Bar and the carefree days of cruising the high seas.
Strawberry Shortcake – Windstar Cruises
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 cups sliced, fresh strawberries
- Mix eggs with 1/2 cups granulated sugar and whip until creamy.
- Add flour and vanilla extract and mix.
- Spread out onto lightly greased or parchment-lined sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Since pan sizes vary, use a toothpick in the center to make sure it comes out clean to indicate the cake is ready.
- Let cool.
- Cut the cooled sponge cake into thin rounds using a 3″ round cookie cutter or cake ring.
- Place layer of sponge cake in the cake ring, and top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
- Add a second layer of sponge cake topped with whipped cream and sliced strawberries, followed by a final layer of sponge cake.
- Remove the cake ring. Of course, another option is to leave the cake whole and cut before serving.
- Decorate cakes with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
French Kiss – Carnival Cruise Line
- 1.5 oz Sweet Cruzan Vanilla Rum
- 3/4 oz Chambord
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Champagne or similar sparkling wine
- Combine Sweet Cruzan Vanilla Rum, Chambord, and lime juice.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
Join the discussion
Have you ever spent Valentine's Day on a cruise?