Recipe: Viking Cruises’ Belgian Waffle and Carnival Cruise Line’s Florida Squeeze
Rise and shine! Celebrate International Waffle Day on March 25 with Viking River Cruises’ fluffy Belgian Waffles topped with fresh strawberries. Add some punch to your morning and quench your thirst with a taste of the sunshine state - Carnival Cruise Line’s Florida Squeeze. This refreshing drink blends all your favorite citrus flavors into one delicious beverage.
Belgian Waffles – Viking River Cruises
Makes 4-6 servings
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Strawberries and whipped cream to taste
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until well blended and creamy.
- Add egg yolks; beat until foamy.
- Stir in flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Stir in milk and sparkling water.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Working in batches, pour mixture into waffle machine and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
Florida Squeeze – Carnival Cruise Line
- 2 oz Finlandia Grapefruit Vodka
- ¾ oz Apple Pucker
- ¾ oz Lemonade mix
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- Garnish – cherry
- Pour ingredients into a glass and stir.