Recipe: Uniworld’s Sesame Fried Chicken and Carnival’s Caribbean Manhattan
July 6 is National Fried Chicken Day and if you feel like chicken tonight, you are going to want to chow down on Uniworld’s Sesame Fried Chicken. Lighter than it sounds, this chicken dish is perfect for a summer evening on your patio while relaxing with Carnival Cruise Line’s Caribbean Manhattan. This classic cocktail gets a sweet twist with the addition of brown sugar to make it the perfect sweet and salty combination.
Sesame Fried Chicken – Uniworld River Cruises
- 1 egg
- 7 oz evaporated milk
- 3 1/4 lbs whole chicken, cut into 8 portions, plus the legs and wings
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup butter
- 10 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the coating ingredients to make a fine mixture.
- Whisk together the whole egg with the milk.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the liquid, then shake off excess and roll them in the sesame coating.
- Heat the oil and butter together in a deep-frying pan over medium-high heat, so that the chicken pieces sit in the pan with the oil mixture covering half the chicken. Start with the drumsticks and thighs first, as they take longer to cook. Try to turn each piece only once, as the coating is very delicate. Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 25–30 minutes total.
Caribbean Manhattan – Carnival Cruise Line
- 2 oz Bourbon
- ¾ oz Sweet Vermouth
- ¾ oz spiced brown sugar
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Shake all together with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a cherry.