Recipe: Disney Cruise Line's Peanut Butter Pie & Norwegian Cruise Line's BBC
We’re celebrating November's National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month and giving you a scrumptious dessert and drink recipe for your Thanksgiving festivities. Peanut butter lovers will unite over Disney Cruise Line’s creamy Peanut Butter Pie topped with a dark chocolate ganache. Peanut Butter + Chocolate = one heavenly dessert. And if you like peanut butter and banana (like Elvis), pair it with Norwegian’s BBC cocktail made with Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur, Creme De Banana Liqueur and Island Oasis Pina Colada Mix.
Peanut Butter Pie - Disney Cruise Line
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped stiff
- 1 baked 8- inch pie shell
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter is used for the Ganache on the cruise line)
- With an electric mixer, blend the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the melted butter to peanut butter mixture, then fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into the baked pie shell and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Glaze with Ganache (recipe below) if desired.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil.
- Remove from heat and fold in the chocolate until no streaks of white remain.
- Cool unto lukewarm, then glaze cake.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
BBC – Norwegian Cruise Line
- .25 oz Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 0.5 oz Creme De Banana Liqueur
- 2 oz Island Oasis Pina Colada Mix
- Mix all ingredients together and blend well.
- Add crushed ice and blend until smooth.
Join the discussion
What's your favorite cruise line dessert?