Recipe: Celebrity Cruises' Xtremely Delicious Waffles and Carnival Cruise Lines' Mocha Chocolate Getaway
Celebrity Cruises’ Waffles are batter than yours so pass the syrup and celebrate National Waffle Day today, August 24! Whip up these Xtremely Delicious waffles that are a fan favorite on Celebrity Xpeditions voyages in the Galapagos. Pair them with Carnival’s Mocha Chocolate Getaway, a creamy chocolatey delight that will wake up your senses.
Xtremely Delicious Waffles – Celebrity Cruises
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the milk, buttermilk, and oil in a measuring cup.
- Whisk in the egg yolk with a fork and set aside.
- n a small bowl, beat egg white with an electric mixer until almost soft peaks.
- Gradually sprinkle in the sugar, while continuing to whip until thick and glossy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk just until blended.
- Fold in the egg white using a spatula.
- Pour batter onto the hot waffle iron in the recommended amount for your iron.
- Close the iron and cook until golden brown.
- A good indication that it is getting close is that the steam will stop coming out of the iron.
- Keep finished waffles in the warm oven directly on the rack.
- Do not stack, or they will become soggy.
Mocha Chocolate Getaway – Carnival Cruise Line
- 3/4 oz Irish Cream
- 3/4 oz Dark Rum
- 1/4 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1/4 oz Kahlua
- 2 1/2 oz Ice Cream Mix
- Chocolate Syrup
- Line the inside of the glass with chocolate syrup.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend with ice until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Join the discussion
What's your favorite cruise line breakfast food?