Recipe: Carnival Cruise Line's Watermelon Salsa and Royal Caribbean's Watermelon Lemonade Mocktail
We are in the heart of the summer and what better way to celebrate National Watermelon Day than with a couple of refreshing watermelon recipes. Carnival Cruise Line’s Watermelon Salsa is the perfect appetizer for your next summer barbeque party. Why not let the kids join in the fun and stir up Royal Caribbean’s Watermelon Lemonade Mocktail, a sweet yet cool addition to a hot summer day.
Watermelon Salsa – Carnival Cruise Line
- 4 cups red seedless watermelon cut into bite-sized pieces about ½ inch in size
- 1 ½ cups jicama diced
- ⅓ cup red onion minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 freshly squeezed limes roll on the counter first to soften for juicing
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Optional: 2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper minced
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour lime juice over all and add lime zest.
- Gently fold together being careful not to smash the watermelon.
- Add salt and taste for your preference.
- Chill before serving.
Watermelon Lemonade Mocktail – Royal Caribbean
- 1-ounce of kiwi syrup
- 1.5 ounces fresh lemonade
- 4 ounces fresh watermelon juice
- Fresh watermelon for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, add ice cubes.
- Add kiwi syrup.
- Add lemonade.
- Top with fresh watermelon juice.
- Garnish with a small wedge of fresh watermelon.