Recipe: Carnival Cruise Lines' Macaroni & Cheese and Norwegian Cruise Line's Northern Lights
Known as “The King of Comfort Foods,” mac and cheese is a side dish loved by people of all ages. In celebration of National Mac and Cheese Day on July 14, we are sharing Carnival Cruise Line’s Macaroni & Cheese recipe with six types of mouthwatering cheeses and topped with crisp applewood smoked bacon. Pair this with a refreshing and easy-to-make Northern Lights cocktail from Norwegian Cruise Line so that you can have a substantial meal with a light cocktail.
Carnival Cruise Lines' Macaroni & Cheese –Carnival Cruise Line
- 12 oz Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Brie Cheese
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 lb Macaroni Pasta
- 1 lb Sour Cream
- 8 oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 6 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 6 oz Swiss Cheese
- 1 pt Half & Half Cream
- 1.5 qt Heavy Cream
- 2 lbs Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 10 count of 3 oz Chicken Breasts
- White Pepper to Taste
- Heat pan, add cream and half & half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, swiss cheese (half the quantity), cheddar cheese and sour cream. Season well.
- Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce.
- Add cooked bacon to the macaroni.
- Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl.
- Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.
- Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan and sprinkle it over the macaroni.
- Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate.
- Serve with grilled chicken breast and garnish with a crisp rasher of apple-wood smoked bacon and a parsley sprig.
Norwegian Cruise Line Northern Lights –Norwegian Cruise Line
- 1 ½ oz. Hendricks Gin
- ¾ oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- 4 mint leaves
- Top with lemon-lime soda
- Garnish: lime wheel, thinly sliced with mandolin, and mint spring
- Add ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass filled with plenty of ice.
- Garnish with lime wheel and mint sprig.