MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Not Impressed

Sail Date: December 23, 2016

The cruise ship is beautiful, sparkling clean, luxurious. The crew was all fantastic, very attentive, cordial. Vendors were Very nice and serviceable.

On the negative side:

Checking-in was a terrible experience, too many long-winding lines; 3 different endless winding lines. The checking-in system must be improved. The Wi-Fi connection was very poor and too expensive for the poor service provided. The so called CHEF has no idea what a PAELLA dish is or even looks like; he must look for the recipe. Overall, the food in the main dining was very extensive but not so goodl. The on-board activities were pitiful; bingo and exercises... not all inclusive. As I've experienced on other cruises; swimpool games, dancing classes, cooking, glass blowing demos, ice carving, karaoke, manual arts, etc. I must point out our assigned stateroom cleaning crew, Rocco, did a great job, he was fabulous, respectful and had a great sense of humor. "The Best of Atlantis" tour only takes you to the hotel, no showing of part of the island as it says. You just see what's on the way to the hotel.
Note for New Cruise Ships: Improvement to shower size is a must. It is almost impossible for over-weight persons to shower without causing chaos. I am not an overweight person, yet the space provided is so minimal. It is my believe that overweight people are being discriminated. This problem exists on ALL cruise ships. I thought it should be addressed.

Food and Dining NOT impressed, although they offered had somewhat different food for breakfast, like eggs benedict, French toasts for breakfast, a cheese station with a great variety of cheeses. They also had Paella, but let me warn you, that was not paella, not even close.
The service and crew was outstanding. I would like to commend our cleaning staff named Rocco; simply the best.
Complaint: I never received the bill for our expenditures in the cruise ship. This bother me a lot, for a few things were returned and I'm not sure if we were charged.
Good shows offered at night.
No children. However, the place for children looks great. I saw a lot of children in the mornings with painted faces like tiger faces or other animals. One of their mothers told me their children loved it and didn't want to wash off their faces.
During mornings and afternoons they had exersice sessions accompanied by great music by the pool deck, very inviting. They also offered bingo games. NO other entertainments that I'm aware of.
We didn't participate of any of the excursion tours in Jamaica. The Excaret Park tour was FABULOUS with 3 underground rivers and fabulous beaches, pools, wild life, entertainment shows, restaurants and GOOD souvenir shops!!! This tour was the BEST; worth every penny. The Cayman tour (The Best of Cayman) was nice. We went to the turtle farm, a tour view of the Island and Hell Town. Hell Town (3/4 of a mile) is not worth seeing. In Nassau, we took the Best of Nassau, Paradise Island, we were supposed to see interesting points of the island, but we were just taken straight to the Atlantis Hotel to see the aquarium which was not nearly as impresive as we thought. Taxis for groups parked by the dock take you for less of half the fare price offfered by the cruise tour.
The inside of the ship is spectacular. Thoroughly clean at all times. My only complain is the shower stalls... although I am not an overweight person, the shower stalls are tiny and very uncomfortable, as in any cruise ship. I cannot fathom overweight persons taking a shower in them, it must be excruciating. I find this highly discriminating.
For smokers, the cruise ship has, at the far end on the 15th floor, an ample great bar with a great swimming pool, music and great accommodations. The best I've seen in any cruise ship.
Horrible systems, both embarkation and disembarkation. For embarkation, we had to go through 3 different long winding lines. Disembarkation was as bad, just as the airport system but implemented by a color tag; first one color, then another color and so no. It took us nearly 3 hours to get our luggage. The old way was much faster; you just looked to were your color tag color was located and looked for your luggage; about 1/2 hour quest.
The cleaning crew was very good. The shower stall is tight, as in every cruise ship. They should think of heavy weight persons. I feel for them, as to take a shower in them must be excruciating. I find it highly discriminating.