Koningsdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Great Ship, but a few kinks.

Sail Date: December 30, 2016

Reviewed: 11 days ago

Sadly, cruising isn't what it was a few decades ago. Much of the so-called informational entertainment was just talks designed to sell products. Want a cappuccino? Have to pay for it. I expect to pay extra for alcoholic beverages, but I did feel I was being "nickeled and dimed" to death. From what I hear, it's common on most cruises these days. The internet use was 75 cents a minute, and that can add up fast.

I did like the ship. The absolute best stateroom I've ever had with lots and lots of storage. Didn't even use it all. And a luxurious shower that I'd love to have at home!  The ship was very stable and well-designed. Crew and staff very nice and efficient. I suspect they need more staff in the bar, lounge, and deck areas, because we often had to go to the bar to get our own drinks.

Also, it was obvious to us that none of the staff had ever been on the excursions they were recommending. One was a total rip-off and nothing like what was described to us. There are lots of opportunities for excursions and transportation at the docks. I booked our cruise through United (Airlines ) Cruises, and I would never use them again. Not once did the rep, Darius, ever return a phone call.

Having said all of this, would I do this cruise on this ship again? Yes, probably not the same ports, but definitely on this ship.

Loved this room. It is a wide room with a large verandah. Tons of storage and the best bath and shower I've had on any ship.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Avoid the Bamboo Beach VIP excursion. Not as advertised.
George Town, Grand Cayman

The best meatball sandwich I've ever had in the deli on deck 10, and I was told their pizza was outstanding.