A complete shambles

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: October 01, 2012
Ship: Voyager of the Seas
The ship looked old and very tired. It was dull and lifeless and lacked the glitz and grandeur of other, modern ships. She'd been around the block a few times and it showed.

Very poor indeed. Food is a major selling point on big cruises\, sadly this lacked imagination and more importanly\, taste. Everything was spicey in an effort to make it taste like 'something'. Twice I had to send meals back as they were simply too tough to cut.

There were some very good acts on board\, but overall the quality was certainly not what one would expect from a cruise of this scale. The theatre itself was as dull as a wet weekend which probably didn't help their cause. The song and dance troupe were decidedly below par and in need of some new routines\, and a little bit of glitz wouldn't go a miss either. They tried but didn't quite succeed. Gordon\, the entertainment director just loved to hear the sound of his own voice and as a consequence didn't really need an audience\, a mirror would have sufficed.

Very unhelpfull overall. Couldn't seem to care too much about customer service. Either that\, or\, as I suspect\, they themselves simply didn't know what was going on most of the time. Classic example on the shambles that was embarkation: When I asked a member of the staff what was going on in the rugby scrum that was check in I was met with the unbelievable response of \"don't ask me I'm too tired\". Now that's what I call customer service....not.

I never once saw anyone cleaning the public areas\, stair handrails\, likft buttons etc\, despite so many people obviously coughing ans spluttering all over the place. These areas are cleaned constantly on other ships as a matter of course and to reduce the potential spread of infection.

Stateroom attendants did well with what they had and we couldn't fault ours for effort\, but like the rest of the ship they were tired and had seen better days. The TV\, when you could get reception\, which wasn't often\, was disgraceful\, endless repeats of repeats\, usually in Japanese or Chinese\, which is fine for the very small minority of Chinese speakers amongst the 3000+ English speakers. There was even a nightly repeat of a major feature film in Polish\, which I'm sure that even the lone Polish speaker on board would have tired of by the third day.

Pros: Finally getting off the ship

Cons: The food

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? No.