False Advertising but great trip and boat

Viking Ingvi Cruise Review to Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Rhine Getaway Southbound (Amsterdam To Basel)
Sail Date: March 21, 2014

First let me say that the trip was absolutely outstanding.  Fine food, GREAT crew, many new friends.  However, I am unlikely to take another cruise with you due to misrepresentation by Viking.

To wit:

All ads; written, TV, and the notation in emails all advertise an 8 day vacation.  Not true.  Arrived in Amsterdam at a time that allowed only 2 hours there,  Left the boat at 4:45 AM on the 8th day, still dark.  Never got to see Basel and even if I give the benefit of the doubt on the arrival day I was still denied the 8th day.  That’s @ $900 I spent for no return.  The cruise itself had much higher standards than the ads.