Public relations need improvement

Viking Freya Cruise Review to River Cruises - Europe

Romantic Danube - Budapest to Nuremberg
Sail Date: August 27, 2016
Ship: Viking Freya

We had the unfortunate experience of being tied up to a concrete pier next to a recycling station for over two days -- we spent the time listening to concrete or something being crushed and seeing dust.  As my husband and I are 88 and 83 three years old respectively, once we got on the boat we decided that we wanted to do only one excursion and that was the one scheduled on Friday to see the Hungarian Horsemen.  Obviously that never happened and that was a big disappointment as we had owned horses at one time.  While we were docked by the recycling station, our family got taxis and went into Roth and visited a museum and went to lunch.  We were on the boat with our three children and spouses so there were eight of  us.  We arranged this trip to Roth on our own.

I realize that Viking had no control over the lock problem, however, I think the ensuing two days could have been handled much better and I think your people need additional training on how to deal with passengers in a difficult situation,  We received much misinformation and condescending attitudes on the part of the people in charge of keeping us informed.  They did a very poor job and the result was that many passengers were very angry.

However, I would like to compliment the crew as they were congenial and well trained and the food was excellent.

You have given a credit on future voyages to the passengers on this unfortunate trip but, because of our ages, that will not benefit us.

I will not recommend Viking.  If anyone asks, I will suggest that they check other cruise lines to see how they have handled difficult situations such as we experienced.  Four of us had to leave the boat on Friday morning because of our flight schedules and four stayed on the boat until Saturday.

The veranda looked out over the recycling station which was not pleasant.

Don't!