Veendam Cruise Review to South America

An unforgetable experience.

Sail Date: January 23, 2011

It was great experience for me to be on this cruise. The bad part came when we had to go on shore. I felt like they preffered the pasangers that purchased from them, the on-shore trips than those who didnt. When it was time to go on shore, those who didnt take a paid ship excursion didnt get to get out till 3 or 4 hours after the anounced docking and clearing time. That was the worse thing I experienced in this cruise. It was like beign descriminated and it was a very awful feeling.
My recomendation is that they alternate pasengers going out to give all an equal oiportunity. Also they had the worse coffe you could ever drink.

Pros: The ambiance, the people we met, the entertaining combined with new PC knowledge.

Cons: The strict times they had for the food we had to eat. Too riget.

Recommends Veendam? Yes!

Extend the lunch time to 3 or 3:30PM on regular days.
Make sure all those bording have a good meal to welcome them on board instead of making us wait till 5:30PM to have lunch.
We had driven from Santiago to Valparaiso and had early breakfast in order to arrive from 1 to 3PM and we did. Once on board we waited for the suitcases and while we did, it was recomended we take a guided tour of the ship's facilities and by the time that was finished, we had the emergency drill and once that was over, there was no food but pizza to eat. We had to wait to 5:30 PM to eat something more than a pizza. It was very disapointed that there was no food but pizza from 4 to 5:30 Pm that day. The Lido room ususally closes at 2PM. If you want to eat, you must have pizza, mexican food or whatever is available for eating in your stateroom. This part I didnt like at all in adition to the hard times we had to leave the ship.
Yes, it was nice but it needs like new wall paper on the one I was,. I saw my friends stateroom and it was in better shape than mine.
Very wonderful cleaning staff. Great people in the kitchen and serving facilities, An estraordinary restautrant manager "Raj" and overall great people everywhere.
Very nice show and a hard working cruise director.
Good size. I would have dislike it if it would have been more people. It was hard to leave the ship as it was, nevermind with 2000 pasangers on board.
It needs some refurbushing and rug cleaning but overall it was very clean. Elevators kept on giving wrong signals and someone got stuck.
Punta Arenas, Chile
Puerto Montt, Chile
Montevideo, Uruguay
loved the nearness to the maket.
Port Stanley, Falkland Islands
Ushuaia, Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina

Don't Miss: the trip to the national park and tierra de fuego