Star Ship SFO to Vancouver May 14-16, 2015

Star Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

2 Night Pacific Coastal Northbound (San Francisco To Vancouver)
Sail Date: May 14, 2015
Ship: Star Princess
Cabin Number: E604

The Star Ship was late. The check in process was a mess.

No one advised us that someone is checking in our luggage, so we had to drag the through a long check in kine which took almost an hour.

I am diabetic and informed the reception that I was tired and getting hypoglycemic She said,I had to wait in line like everybody else. However, she did find me a a small bottle of juice. It helped but the fatigue from standing and hauling out my luggage was taking its toll.

The Portofino dining was so crowded and so the service was really below par. The waiters did their best under the circumstances. However, the staff that were wearing the white uniforms were less than cordial and I did not feel the usual welcomeing attitude.  My server, a Thai boy named Samay on table 159 was so impressive and always wore a smile even under that awful situation. She never stopped smiling.  That was a bright spot for me. .

Exiting the ship was horrible. We were not even asked about our flight time out of Vancouver. Passengers were all jamming the exit way from all sides. No one called out the numbers in the order of priority.

The ship arrived at two but we did not get out of the ship until 3 PM. We had tp practically rush tho the airport.

I am a Ruby member and I know this is just an aberration.

Portofino dinning was so crowded and the service was below par specially from the new in white uniforms. No friendly smile.

The stewards and my server on Portofina table # 159 named Sama made my dining experience much better under the circumstances.

The ship appears really old

I had a bad experience on this trip, from the check in process to the exit from the ship.