Sea Princess Cruise Review to Alaska

Third Mate

The Sea Princess is an...

Sail Date: September 07, 2011

The Sea Princess is an older ship andneeded some sprucing up. There seemed to be alot of work being done while we were sailing. They were replacing carpets in the halls and painting alot. I know that they need to keep up with the repairs but it seemed like everything was being done at once.
Our room steward was awesome everyone in our group loved him and even left him an extra tip! I just wish the rest of the ship#39;s staff was asgreat. I felt the the dining room staff was constantly hurrying us to finish and move on. There wasn#39;t much personal service, we were on the last Alaska cruise of the seasonI was told by several staff members that they just wanted the cruise to end so they could leave for Australia.
The food was good but I felt the buffet was predictable. We didn#39;t have much variety and the desserts were beautiful to look at but didn#39;t taste the best.
The bright side, we got some awesome photos and he beauty of Alaska did help with any negativity we felt about the cruise and the fact that the cruise is roundtrip locally out of San Francisco was a positive for all of us.

Recommends Sea Princess? No.

Cabin was fine but our steward made it awesome!
Children's Programs Not many kids on board and I noticed that the kids club was not in use. It may be because it was a Sept. cruise.
Service and Staff Staff just didn't seem to care and just wanted to move on the next cruise destination.
Ports were great just wish we had more time.