S.S. Antoinette Cruise Review to Europe

Contributor Level: Second Mate

CRUISE IN PARADISE

Sail Date: March 31, 2013

Never have I enjoyed such luxury as I had on this trip.
ACCOMMODATIONS: My room was the cheapest you can get, bottom of the ship and it was great. Only had a high window but wasn't in my room all day so who cares? May have slept in the most comfortable bed in the world, made each day, turned down with some treat each night. Linens, etc. Top drawer. Fresh water and candy jar refilled each day. Great shower!
FOOD : imagine a Roman orgy. It would be small time compared to the great food we had. EVERY morning I had thinly sliced fresh oranges, fresh salmon/ cream cheese/ capers and strawberry yogurt. Never had the space for all the great cheese, pancakes, sausages, bacon and on and on. But that wasn't the best part. The waiters were beyond description. All had a WONDERFUL sense of humor. At lunch and dinner your wine glass was never empty. Open seating and no dress up times. Most men never wore a tie.
COMFORT OF SHIP: the Lounge was great - windows on all sides, sofas, chairs, etc. At night musical entertainment. In the daytime the day before we docked at a town, there would be a lecture about town. You could read there all day with hot tea and coffee always available, full bar at night. While most took stairs to get from one of the three floors to the other, there was an elevator. Swimming pool, exercise room and massage room also available.

My only negative thought about the trip really applies only to me, a 74 yr old woman who had two knee replacements in the past two years. When we docked almost all the tours were hour and a half long walking tours on cobblestone streets. I couldn't handle this, but this is me. The walking tours were fine.

Would encourage EVERYONE to go on a Uniworld Cruise. When flying to the cruise, try to avoid Frankfurt airport. Took us 11/2 hrs to get from C Concourse to A Concourse and we had someone from the airport staff guiding us the whole way. On the other side, I could almost take a vacation to the Amsterdam Airport - fantastic