Regatta Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Lovely Alaskan cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2013

We booked an oceanview stateroom on an Alaska cruise\, round trip from Seattle. Boarding was handled very well. We sat and waited to be checked in which was ideal for my elderly mother not to stand in line. After check in there was just a short walk to the ship and we were invited to lunch at the Terrace Cafe while our room was prepared. We enjoyed the open seating and 'country club casual' attire for dining. We met many interesting dinner mates and the food was amazing. I would highly recommend Regatta. We loved how easy it was to move around the ship. Everything was clean and in good condition. Our stateroom was large enough and had plenty of storage. The public spaces were well maintained. The educational lectures were informative. The string quartet and piano players were very good as was the band that accompanied the evening entertainers (who were adequate). We didn't take any excursions but I enjoyed walking around the different ports of call.

Pros: great food\, great size ship\, interesting fellow cruisers

Cons: pushy spa employees

Recommends Regatta? Yes!

Perfect size for us. I appreciated the limited smoking areas as I have asthma.
The food is the highlight of the cruise. We enjoyed the Grand Dining Room the most but Pollo Grill and Tuscana were also good. We didn't get to eat at Waves but room service was surprisingly delicious also. I liked that the main dining room menu included a selection from the specialty restaurants on the two larger Oceania ships every night.
The bed was really comfortable (and makes me want to get one just like it for at home). The bathroom is small\, but we expected that. The room was a good size for our needs.
Everyone was very kind and helpful to my mother. The waiters were entertaining as well as fine servers. Our room steward did a knockout job. The omelet chef at breakfast was excellent.
I really enjoyed the string quartet. My mother loved winning Bingo.