I boarded th QM2 in...

Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to World Cruise

Sail Date: January 04, 2010
Ship: Queen Mary 2
p
I boarded th QM2 in Sydney Australia, and went as far as Cape Town.
p
The champaign in the room when I arrived was great, dressing gown and slippers supplied all fantastic and no extra cost.
p
I did not like the idea of not being able to go into certain dinning rooms, bars and decks as I was not a 1st class paying passenger. Although I had to pay for 2 people in my cabin even though I travel solo. Seeing signs saying No Access to this deck unless you are a 1st class passenger, was not my idea of a friendly ship. I was told the ship became more friendly once all the Aussies got on in Sydney. But I got the impression they cater more for American passengers, even the stage shows were aimed at Americans, playing their national anthem, a few Aussies called out Aussie, Aussie, Aussie oi, oi, oi.
p
I must mention I am not a Australian but British, but I felt proud to be amoungst the Aussies.
p
I loved the dinning rooms and even the buffet, I spoke to one First class person who called them the Pigs Trough !!
p
Speaking to other passengers in the laundry, and people who had cruised on both the QM2 and the Queen Elizabeth, they all said the Elizabeth was the better ship, as she was smaller and more exclusive, and silver service.
p
Queen Mary was on my bucket list, and I do not regret going on her, and when she pulls into a Port you are always made to feel special that you are on her. Would I cruise on her again,, humm not worth the money I spent, but I would never say never.

Recommends Queen Mary 2? Yes!