Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

FUNtastic!

Sail Date: March 14, 2015

This has been my best cruise experience by far! I never imagined a ship could contain so much! I was gobsmacked the moment I walked aboard. For starters, this ship has so much to do. Just off the top of my head, there of course are pools and hot tubs, a neat solarium for adults... There are also other neat activities like ice skating, ice-skating shows, surfing, aquatic diving shows, rock climbing, even a zip line (small albeit) ALL ON THE SHIP. It doesn't even feel as though you're traveling on water most of the time. I went on the Ft, Lauderdale, Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Martin itinerary which was absolutely lovely. Just beautiful... Straight out of a movie. The food was pretty good also. The last time I traveled RCI, (over 10 years ago), the formal dining experience featured more caribbean flavored food which I really liked. The dining room menus look different now with "standard" American fancy fixings. Still good, but I have an adventurous pallet so I preferred the Wind Jammer's food - the buffet style, informal dinning area. Every day they made a variety of food that tasted pretty authentic. The staff were awesome and even the few that were just okay were nice nonetheless. If you're looking for a great getaway thats mostly all inclusive, I would definitely consider this ship! I will say, just like any other cruise, budget for gratuities (not included in your ticket), and excursions as most of the neat places to visit will not be right near the ports and will require bus/taxi/van fare. Great experience Big Smile!

Great cabin.. CLEAN and fairly spacious! Showers are teeny but still clean which is a huge make-it-or-break-it factor me.

Carry extra cash for excursions on shore!