Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Huge Fun and Experience

Sail Date: February 16, 2013

The Oasis of the Seas was an experience unlike any other ship. There was so much to see just on the ship itself. There was almost no reason to venture off the ship. Considering the size of the vessel, everything went smoothly from embarkation day in Fort Lauderdale, Florida til the end of the cruise.

Compared to other ships, this one tops them all in size and entertainment opportunities. Shows were phenomenal, including the Aqua show! Where else can you see a live acrobatic water show at sea? If walking is your thing, one lap around the walking path on sports deck is a 3 mile walk. Yes, it's a 3 mile walk. The ship is a gym membership in itself with all the stairs and walking from one end to the other.

We did the My Time Dining as our dining plan. However, we felt that it was not for us. My suggestion is that if you're in a group or want to dine alone it's a great option. But if you want to get to meet people, opt for regular seating.

Prior to boarding, it was recommended to book all shows and dining. I'm glad I did because if one had waited til the cruise, it would have been slim pickings. So definitely take the time and think out your nightly entertainment and dining before hand and make those reservations online before you leave.

Overall, Oasis of the Seas was a great choice. If I had to pick a ship again, Oasis and her sister, Allure, would be one of my choices.
Children's Programs Didn't use. Can't comment